Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Week 15~ Kickin' It Croation Style

Hey Fam,

So this week really has been just so much fun! We have had lots of fun and that is because we have been working hard, or hardly working, I can't remember... So you all know what time it is... STORY TIME.  Yup I got some real cool ones!

So first story comes from my favorite finding activity... tracting.  So Warren and I are moving soon so we decided to start doing some finding in the area where we will be moving.  So ride the tram down there and just pick a building and start tracting.  So we have gone threw a couple floors of this apartment building.  Oh ya I don't know if I said this before but there are basically all apartment buildings here and they are so ugly because they are from the communist years.  So we come to this one guy door and I start my memorized approach like a champ and them he actually wants to talk to us so Warren has to take over and we basically teach him on the door step and tell him to pray and just give it a try, because he is Atheist.  So he laughs at us and we leave.  I did ask him if he knew anyone around who would be interested and he said idk but not the next door over because he is a Hindu.  So we get to that door and I didn't even think we were going to knock, but Warren said to, so I did.  He INSTANTLY let us in.  I was so confused.  I had heard him looking out his peep hole and scuffling around inside while we were talking to the other guy but I thought he wouldn't even answer.  Oh ya everyone looks out their peep hole before they answer.... weirdy's...  So we go in and we start talking to him and we are just trying to figure this guy out and he just is like oh ok well I am Mormon.  Then Im like ok who is this character thinking that we are some, all you have to do is believe in church.  So I ask him when he was baptized and he spits out an exact date... shoot this guy is legit! He goes and gets his Book of Mormon and shows it to us.  It was one of the old versions when the church had not yet come out with one and one of the first members had translated it.  So this guy starts talking with us and I found out he is endowed and everything.  Ok this is like a miracle because you hardly ever find inactive's, especially in Zagreb because it is so big.  He told us that just the day before he was thinking about the church and how he needed to come back, then we show up.  Oh you know dat's right.  We be doing work like it's nobodies buziness.  I was so excited and I bore my very best testimony, which isn't really that great, that the Lord wants to bless him but can't until he keeps the commandments.  I say this as he is lightin up a smoke.  So that was super cool.  He is working on Sunday's till next month then he said to call him and he would love to meet.  So ya.  NEXT

Family let me tell you the power of prayer is real and works everyday.  This is one of the coolest experiences I have had on my mission yet and I want to share it with you.  So we are teaching this guy right now and he is having a hard time keeping his commitments so we can't really move forward with him until he does that.  So we don't really know what to teach him and so I suggest during our comp study that we pray about what to teach him because the Lord is the only one that knows what he needs right now.  So we get down and I offer a prayer and tell the Lord that we need his help and that we have planned something already but it doesn't feel right so please help us to know what to teach.  So after the prayer is over we both just stay on our knees and are pondering for awhile.  Right after the prayer I feel that the plan of salvation is what he needs.  I try to think of other options just so I know that it's not just me coming up with it and my thought just always reverted back to plan of salvation.  So I don't want to say that because I didn't Warren to say something else then me feel dumb.  So then Warren says I think we should teach the plan of salvation.  I was so shocked I didn't think it would be that easy to see.  It was clear as day to me but I didn't know if Warren was thinking that too.  So I told him that I was thinking the same thing and we prepared from there.  It was the most amazing thing.  I love prayer so much especially as I get to teach it to these people who have been saying memorized prayers for so long.  For them to hear that they can pray with their own words is so awesome.  Unfortunately we didn't have time to teach him all of it but we will be meeting with him again!

So I got to witness an amazing thing this week.... Little League Baseball in Croatia!! I was watching from the sidewalk and taking pics and everything.  I was cheering and yelling like I knew someone that was playing lol.  It was so fun to see that again!

So I know that you all are super busy but if you get a few moments just google the name Krešimir Čosić.  This man used to play basketball at BYU and he is the very reason that missionaries and the church are in Croatia right now.  He has done more for the church in this country than anyone.  The old church that they used to meet in here is a whole floor of an apartment building that he bought for the church.  The girl from BYU did a documentary on him and I think it is on YouTube.  But ya just read a little about him.  When I say that the first member translated the Book of Mormon so that they could have it in Croatia I am talking about him. We still don't a church translation of the Book of Mormon, but we use a translation that was done by someone else and the church authorized.  They are currently working on the triple combination but ya.  So this guy is amazing.  I just wanted to share that with ya'll.

It's April and I thought I would be allergy free for two years but that is not the case... I have been miserable these past few days.  I have been taking benadryl but ya it sucks.  Now people think the missionaries are allowed to do weed cause my eyes are always red lol ok they don't really think that but they might idk...

We have had a good week and we are just chugging along.  Transfer is coming up and I think I will be staying with Warren.......... ya that's my thoughts on that.....

I can not tell you how thankful I am for all of your thoughts and prayers.  I fell your love everyday and I am so thankful to be apart of the best family in the world.  I have so many people supporting me and I love you all so much.  I miss and love you all!

No comments: