Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Week 10 ~ From Zagreb Croatia

Hey Fam,

HOLY CRAP!!!!  This is so crazy, I don’t even know how to freakin type on this keyboard cause it’s all messed up! I thought it would be nice to come talk to my family but I can’t even do that these days.   So if you see a Z where there is supposed to be a Y its because they are switched.... oh think that’s annoying try not being able to understand anyone.  This is the most frustrating thing I have ever done and probably the most frustrating thing I will ever do!  Seriously, talk about being humbled.  If you think your smart come to a foreign country and try to talk to them. 

So my first area is Zagreb, the capital of Croatia.  My companion/ trainer is Elder Warren.  Everyone who is here now got ˝whitewashed˝ into the area meaning none of us have been here before.  So that is a little frustrating.  but I would rather just take it all at once.  I went tracting for my first time last night.... ya what a joke.  Sorry this sounds so negative this week has freakin kicked my trash.  I cant say enough how frustrating this is.  Satan knows its frustrating too because he reminds me continually how easy it would be to just give up.  But every time I look at someone I just can’t help but think how the gospel could help them, to bad I can’t share it with them.....

My companion says he remembers how it was his first transfer and I just say ok, now keep remembering that.   We are in an apartment with two other missionaries and they are fun but its a small apartment and its not supposed to be like this but I don’t know I just work here....

So other than last night I haven’t been tracting.  We have been handing out flyers for English class because I guess we teach English class and it is a good finding tool.  Besides that it is very cold so people don’t exactly like standing in the cold talking to us.  We ride the tram every where basically it’s like the tracks in salt lake and we contact on that sometimes.  well my companion does cause I don’t know how to talk

It’s cool to be in Europe.  I think its just like being in the US except I can’t understand anyone, and no Wal mart.  But Zagreb is the most advanced city.  They have a Nike store Adidas, Ecco store, Lacoste, DC, Volcom.  They basically want to be like us, basically lol.  all the buildings are really cool and they have statues every where.  in ˝center˝ the center of town and where most every tram comes and goes too its like a low scale time square.  Like really low scale but ya. i am taking lost of pictures.  Today we are going bowling with some other elders cause well its pday.  oh and no dryers.... so yea for krusty krust clothes for 2 years. 

well idk what else yall want to hear I’m healthy and alive.   I love you all thanks for all your love and support. 

till next week!  Love Elder Massey

No comments: