Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Week 11

Hey Fam!

Ok so I must admit that this week is looking up.  We have gotten more into the swing of things and I have talked to more people.  I probably only say that because I have been speaking a lot of English.  It’s hard for me to focus on learning Croatian when I know I can just speak English.  Everyone here speaks it.  However, when people hear you speak English then speak Croatian they go nuts.  They think it's so crazy that anyone, especially from America, who speaks English, want to learn Croatian. 

So, I went tracting for the first time this week and I actually like it quite well.  We have been handing out English flyers a lot this week and I don't really like doing that because it makes me feel dumb or something I can't really put my finger on it, I just don't like it lol.  We have taught 2 lessons but like I said being ˝whitewashed˝ into the area makes it hard to find people or really know what’s going on.  We taught the same guy twice.  So apparently it is a valid concern to wonder if people are crazy, well we got a crazy.  They said he is a diagnosed schizophrenic.  I’m not even kidding you right now this is freaking ligit.  I guess he is on meds so you can't really tell..  So I joke that we don't know how many people we are teaching but they all have the same body.  So on our numbers chart I put we are teaching two people lol.  ya I’m the funniest person I know.  So other than that we don't have any lessons.  However, while we were passing out English flyers we were contacting people.  it's so funny because they learn English in school so because lots of people speak English when you hand them a flyer they are like ˝znam engleski˝ and I’m just like ya bull crap lets talk right now.  they i cant freaking understand them because they dont really know it.  so im just going off in English and the pretend they know it.... its so funny.  love it so much.  makes me feel good about myself really. 

So, when we were tracting we got kicked out of a building and i thought it was so funny but elder warren was like freaking out.  i don't understand but i still got the most of it and i was just like whateves.  so i was just like hey we going to just go down a floor and keep going cause this building was like 14 stories so ya.  but we didn't, we straight up left and went and ate.  he was so pissed off and i was just laughing.  i was disconnected from it all because i didn't really get what he was saying so i just didn't care but he was all worked up.  awwww the blessing of not understanding people lol. 

so elder warren and i are moving soon.  well just as soon and the zone leaders find an apartment because the four of us are not supposed to really be in that apartment, so ya that will be an adventure.  we are still freaking cleaning this apartment from the last elders.  it's a joke and a half for sure.  im going nuts in the place.  so every pday from comp study we clean.  something im actually good at! so idk when that will be but cha. 

so we were in center, which is just this big  square where lots of shops and it's the main hub for lots of trams are.  so ya we were in center and we heard these people yelling and music and stuff and a freaking rally came out of this side road.  they are like hating on the government or something but i guess it happens every other day and they have a scheduled path they walk.  its was nuts.  they place was freaking going crazy and there was cops every where.  so like good missionaries we pulled out our cameras and documented it.  however i didnt have mine so we'll have to catch another. 

so i thought of jeffy when i heard this next part.  today we are going to play ulitmate frisbee with our district and the zone leaders invited some people that they are teaching.  one of them is on the croatian national ultimate frisbee team.  i just remember jeffy loved frisbee so ya. 


oh ya i saw these people on the street playing a guitar and a violin so i played a little something something and they thought it was amazing.  thats just how us americans role.  president also said that if i want i can have my violin sent to me.  so idk how much that cost or whatev but if yall could figure that out and let me know if you are going to or what then ya.  idk how you would go about doing something like that but some kid had his trumpet sent to him.  just let me know.  if its to expensive then its all good. 

i have to go but i love you all and THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your prayers.  i have really felt them and appreciate you all so much. 

Mom, anyone who wants to can email me but i have to send a letter back to them.  so ya just give them my ldsmail email.  my apartment address is

degenova 6
zagreb 10000

thats all i know i dont know how to mail stuff or what.  maybe you can figure it out.  that is the address thought.  the mission address is

elder eric massey
melekova ulica 3
1211 Ljubljana-smartno
slovenia

dobro je=its all good

No comments: