Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Week 20

Dearest Family,

So how is everyone?? Sounds like you get to experience all the fun of graduation with Dani!  Oh that doesn't sound to fun! But with the weather and all sounds about like here.  One day it is bloomin hot and the next it's raining, only to have it blooming hot AND humid the next day!  So ya but a member did tell me yesterday that I got a tan... that means white upper arms, white neck.  This is the worst kind of tan, no not a farmers tan a ˝missionary tan˝.  Well I will get down to the nitty gritty because we are all hurrying off to a hike today..... not my idea. 

So this week has been another crazy one.  Some days were good and others just didnt seem to work out.  We have been getting some numbers from people but some of the time they just give us what we want so they can be on their way.  So we had a lesson with a guy that Elder Warren and I had met with once but had kind of lost contact with.  So we called him up and met with him this week and it was a fairly good lesson.  I couldnt remember what we had taught him because my understanding sucks so we just kind of went over the first lesson, some restoration stuff, just see what he knew.  So turns out he had heard most of it because he was finishing his sentences.  So when we asked him if he had prayed about any of this he replied that he had but he didnt have the real intented needed for an answer so he didnt receive one.  I was quite shocked!  He actually understood and could apply things that he heard.  He knew what he needed to do.  We are meeting with him tonight so hopefully he does that. 

So I have made the most amazing discovery..... the sandwich maker has so much potential!!  Here I was thinkin that it was ˝just˝ as sandwich maker.  Oh but it's so much more!  I have now moved on to making fried eggs in it and it is absolutely amazing.  Yes I have video documented this and you will all get to join with me in the excitement when I finally send home my camera cards.  But we are just going crazy with this thing!  The options are endless, french toast, pancakes, egg in the hole, pretty much anything that you cook in a frying pan and flip.... SOLVED.  I feel like i want to make an infomercial.  Love all those foods in a pan but can never flip them just right?  Well we have the solution.  The sandwich maker ultimate 10000 is the answer to all your frying pan needs.  oh but the name doesnt do much justice.  To stop at making sandwiches would just be ridiculous!  you see where im going with this.  So needless to say this has just been a real energy booster.  Just have to learn to appreciate the small things you know!?

Another great thing that happened this week is that I was able to got to a concert for the Zagerb Philharmonic.   President Hill came down and went with  Elder Lifferth and I, as well as some sisters.  We got in free because a member plays the bassoon for them.  As Grandma Judy calls it, the burping bed post.  So that was very nice, a little break and very relaxing. 

So yesterday we had planned 3 lessons and only one actually happened so that resulted in us going house tracting.... my favorite activity, not so much.  I would rather go to a huge apartment building rather than walk around and go through all these crazy yards and such.  So we rescheduled most of them for later this week so hopefully that works out. 

Well everything from before this part was written much earlier in the day.  I just got back from a hike... oh let me tell you about it.  First of all why would we plan to go on a hike and walk all day when that is what we do everyday!?  We have some real genius people out here.  Second of all this was the dumbest hike ever.  When you get to the top guess what there was... nothing.  It was the hike to nowhere with all the same fun of walking and crap.  So yes I would love to plan another 4 hour round trip walk to no where... HOWEVER, the company was good and we all laughed and complained together. 

So not much has really gone on this week.  When I was tracting I was getting kind of fed up with people and their dumb excuses so I decided to find out why people were saying these things, you know ask some other questions or something because what I was saying was not working.  So the first door we knock on the guy says he knows everything in the Bible.  I instantly thought, this is great, I have found the golden contact!  He knows everything, everything will make sense to him.  I was being sarcastic.  So I asked him that if he would share something with me because I am young and still learning.  He replied, ˝I know everything!˝.  I asked again if he would share something with me.  Then we had an exchange that went a little like this...

Man, I dont have time for this
Me, Time for what
Man, for your message
Me, What is our message about
Man, I dont know
Me, Then how do you know you dont have time
Man, I believe in Jesus
Me, Good, we have a message about Christ
Man, I dont have time
Me, You dont have time for Christ, then when will you have time. 
Man, No, nothing (those were his exact words)
Me, Ok here is our number maybe you can share something with us sometime when you have time.  Have a good day!

Does anyone see the frustration in my exchange here.  People wont even give us the time of day.  and half the time one of the things that helps us most is to tell them we aren't Jehovah witnesses.  It really is an adventure every door. 

Well we have a lesson to go home and get ready for this evening.  Hope you all have a good week.  Thanks for everything!

Love Elder Massey

No comments: