Thursday, July 21, 2011

Week 28~

Hey Fam,

So this week has been really good and went by really fast which is a plus.  So I will just start from the beginning.  Those 2 new investigators that I talk about last week had already been given baptismal dates for this last Saturday.  So they were right on track for that when we started teaching them.  They just needed to be taught some things and solidify some other things.  So we got to teach them everyday this week which was awesome.  Mostly because it meant that we weren't out in the hot trying to talk to people.  But they really are great.  They are brother and sister and their Dad has been a member for a couple years.  So he had the opportunity to baptism his daughter, which was great, and the boy was baptized by a family friend who is a member.  The boy is Tomislav (Tommyslauv) who is 18 and the girl is Maja (Maya) who is 22.  It really is so easy to teach those you have already been prepared by the Lord and those who already have a testimony as well.  They are going to be good additions to the branch and I am glad that we were able to help them and be apart of this journey to baptism.  I will have pictures on this next camera card which is not quite full yet so everyone please be patient.  I hope you are enjoying the ones you have now. 

We also got to teach Marko this week and he is just going to be awhile before he is baptized.  So we just kinda talked to him about what his answer might be like and that it probably wont be some big grand vision or something.  We have taught this before but felt like we needed to recap with him and find out what he is thinking.  So we asked if he though that the Book of Mormon was true and he said he completely believes it.  So I asked him if he believed that Joseph Smith was a prophet and he said no.  So we have got our work cut out for us there.  I also asked him if he still wanted to be baptized and he said he wasn't sure anymore.  Then I felt so bad because I feel like sometimes we push him to much or we are maybe to hard on him.  At the end of the lesson he asked us if we were satisfied with his progress.  I said as long as you are sincerely trying.  So I felt kinda bad that he said that.  But we are just going to keep working with him and have faith. 

Well I had to give a talk on Sunday about missionary work, yes in Croatian.  You didn't know last week because I didn't know till Wednesday.  Ya I wasn't to happy about this.  So I wrote it all in English then Lifferth help me translate it then I took it to a native and had them read over it to make sure it all made sense.  So it was on Missionary Work and it was basically a throw down telling them that they need to be better members.  All I can say is that I will be so happy to go home to a ˝normal˝ ward.

So i think that is about it.  It was really great to hear from you all this week.  Sounds like Adam had some fun in Texas.  Sounds like you all are keeping pretty busy.  Thank you so much for all your thought and prayers.  Love you all!!

No comments: