Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Week 29

Hey Fam,

This week has been so interesting.... but it has been good. 

I dont know if I ever mentioned them before but I was teaching these girls, Marjana and Dajana, but then the sisters started teaching them because then we dont have to try and find a member to come on every lesson which is pretty hard.  well since we had that mix up and the sisters are no longer here i am teaching the again.  So i invited them to the baptism that we had last week and they really liked it.  Dajana told me the next day that she wanted to talk to me about what she needs to do to be baptized.  I was so excited.  Marjana her twin sister isnt quite ready but Dajana is going to be baptised in less than a month.  Baptismal date for us!!!! we are hoping to get Marjana on for the same date and I think that it will happen.  This is a huge shock for everyone because they used to be so closed off to so much and now this.  Marjana used to say she wanted to be a nun but now when we go to her house for lessons she tells her mom all about the Book of Mormon and how great it is.  So I was happen to be able to teach them again.  They are great and will do great things for this branch!

We met with the same inactive that we went to the exhibit with last week.  His name is Josip and he took us to the museum that he works at.  It was really cool.  He took us to the new wing that is being added, which we weren't really supposed to go too.  but he works there and there was lots of cool stuff there.  Then on the way home we took the same tram and we got closer to the church and he started asking about some of the members and everything.  Then he said well maybe i will just come on Sunday.  Well he had to work this Sunday but said that he wants to come.  the greatest thing is that he brought it up not us and he knows that is what he needs to do.  So that was cool.  WE will probably go to more museums with him seeing as he gets us in free and its a good environment for us to be able to talk to him because he is an art grad and loves to talk about art with us. 

So i dont know who asked but no i did not get any credit for the baptism this last week.  we are still teaching them but we didnt really have any contact with them till the sister left.  So we just got them ready for baptism and now we are teaching the new member lessons.  They are so fun and easy to teach and they just are good kids who know this is true.  I was a witness at the baptism and their dad baptized them.  But when Dajana and Marjana get baptized I might do that.  I personally think that it would be a better idea to get them comfortable with a member and he does it so that when i leave they arent just coming to church for me but for the right reasons.  ok lets be real they will probably ask me to do and i would love too lol. 

it has been rainy here and i hate it.  that means no one is outside and no one to talk too.  Lots of people go down to the coast during the summer because they get tourist related jobs so that makes it hard to keep in contact and things.  ˝I'm going to the sea˝ is a legit excuse for not seeing someone for like 2-3 weeks.  So whatev. 

it has been really hard getting used to this new president.  he came with a lot of new expectations and ways of doing things and I dont really like all the abrupt changes.  he is just so different to the president that we all knew and loved.  As anticipated his teaching style is also very different.  just some other things to get used to, whatev. 

that is about it for this week.  I love you all and hope you have a great week.  I only have one request.  When Ryan gets home can you record his homecoming talk for me and work something out so I can listen to him.  PLEASE i just want to hear it!! thanks give Ryan a big hug for me and tell him to write me. 

love, elder massey

No comments: