Monday, August 1, 2011

Week 30

Hey Fam,

Well this week has been really good.  I think I am coming up on really adjusting to the mission life.  I feel like some of that is learning to just suck it up and some it learning how much our Heavenly Father loves us and really is mindful of all of us.  So learning new things and applying them has really made the mission so much better.  When I realize that many of the things we do are for others the drive to do them increases and all the while I learn things that bless my life as well.  I am really learning just so much!

This week it was so great to hear from all of you and your adventures but unlike Jeffy my response isn't, ˝Well I'm in Croatia!˝, it's more like, ˝AWE I miss my family and I want a pizza party with them.˝  No worries this is just a thought not a mindset.  Hearing of Ryan coming home does make me a little trunky but most of all I just miss Ryan.  I want to hear all about my mission and see him when he is still in the spirit of it all.  On second thought maybe it will be good so I can see him when he is a little more ˝normal˝.  I hope that he adjusts well.  It sounds like he really has it all planned out.  I was a little shocked when I read his request for no big groups.  Alrighty then.... whatev.  Just because you all know I will want who ever wants to come, there so I can just talk for hours on end haha. 

This week was busy, which is maybe the reason it was so good.  I have always kind of liked being ˝busy˝, but most of all busy with worth while things.  And when I am busy as a missionary I love it.  We had people cancel and things and that was a little sad but we found other things that needed to be done. 

We were able to teach the brother and sister who just got baptized.  I really love teaching them.  It is so interesting to see how when they know the church is true and how much happiness it can bring, they just hunger to learn more, they absorb everything that you tell them with such willingness and joy.  I love to see their faces light up as we talk about the gospel.  I just cant express how much I love teaching them.  And they are young so it is easier for me to talk to them.  It is also a great chance to practice my Croatian.  Maja likes to correct me and last lesson I only made 3 mistakes.  That could be a high percentage according to how much I talked but I won't bore you with the details..... Just know that I only had 3 mistakes.  We taught them at their house and they made us homemade pizza which was so good!  The mom, who is now the only member of the family who is not a member, came in quietly and listened.  I think that now that her children, as well as her husband are members she is interested in what this is all about.  We had a branch activity on Friday and she came only with the rest of the family and the dad was so happy to tell everyone that his whole family was there.  It is so great to see the happiness the gospel brings to families.

We didn't get a chance to meet with Marko this week.  I am kind of worried about him.  Maybe because I haven't seen him in awhile.  Last time he was taught we were on an exchange, so I haven't seen him for like 2 weeks.  We had a lesson planned and we had a member come and then he canceled.  So we rescheduled for a couple days later and I think he just forgot.  He hasn't come to church the past two weeks either.  I think the lesson with a member there would have really helped him.  I don't know what to tell him anymore really.  He says he reads and prays everyday but still hasn't received an answer about the Book of Mormon.  We taught him about faith, what an answer might feel like, actions he needs to do, and I don't know what the hold up is.  So hopefully member on a lesson take 2 will work out this week. 

We were also able to teach the twins this week.  When I say ˝the twins˝ I refer to Marijana and Daijana.  They are so awesome.  I love teaching them.  They are the honest seekers of truth.  They are willing to do whatever we ask them in an effort to find the real truth.  Their deep family roots in the catholic church as well as personal beliefs may have them a little confused about some thing but as I see their true intent and honest desire to do what is right I know they will one day be great members who know and actively use the pattern the Lord has set forth to know what is right.  Daijana still is going to be baptized on the 20th and we are still working with Marijana.  They came to the activity on Friday night and talked to Pres. Rowe for quite some time.  They are doing well.  I am excited to see Marijana also progress to a level where she can be baptized. 

Other than that we have had lots of rain here.  It usually just pours in the morning but usually clears us by the time studying are done and doesn't hinder our work, just makes for a very humid day. 

Tell Ryan how much I love him! I hope you all have a great week and have fun with Ryan.  Maybe papa Lance needs to sit him down and break him back into the real world and make sure he can still get a date. 

I love you all and hope your doing good.  Love you all very much!!

No comments: