Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Week 34

Hey Fam,

So I know that I usually start an email with, ˝So this week hasn't been to bad˝.  However, this week has been great!!  It was filled with lots of work, service, transfer calls, and a baptism!! So I will start from the beginning, a very good place to start.

So Tuesday was a normal work day but just lots of errands trying to get things organized for the baptism and a big service project that we have been planning.  So we got lots of things done, no worries I will be sending lots of pictures home! So we did that ran errands, had an emergency transfer for a kid who went home.  So blah blah nothing to special.

After trying to bribe our AP's to tell us where we would be transferred we got our transfer calls on Wednesday.  We tried to give them homemade hamburgers with chips and root beer even, you know a good American meal.  So I got my call that night with what I thought was a pretty good idea of where I was going.  Us as missionaries always try to figure out where everyone will be just for a little fun.  I had been joking with Pres. Rowe about it all week.  So I was completely wrong on almost all of them.  I will be going to ZADAR!!  I will be serving with Elder Truman.  I lived with him when we had the four of us in that one apartment at the beginning of my mission.  So I am so excited!!  It is rumored to be the most B-E-A-utiful city that us as missionaries can serve in.  I am so pumped.  Going to the coast baby!

So the fun starts on Friday when we made cards to pass out at our service project.  So I know that I haven't mentioned this before but we planned a free car wash for a service project.  So we went and made some business type cards to pass out that just let them know that it was the church doing this and just to say thanks for coming.  So when we were in the process of designing those and printing and what not we basically ˝contacted˝ the graphic designer helping us.  He started asking us questions and we had a great experience with him and got to talk a lot about the church.  It is always so much nicer when other people ask you.  I feel like that way it is non threatening and they are actually interested.  I have a hard time with the whole stop someone on the street thing.  So he was super nice made us some super sweet cards to pass out and it was fun to meet him.

So then comes Saturday the day of the car wash service project and the baptism.  This was a crazy day but oh so fun!  So how this whole car wash thing works is that we have a free car wash at the church and while the car is being washed the people go and tour the church.  The members do a great job at that!  So honestly it was kind of a flop haha.  We were there for about 4 hours and probably washed like 5 cars.  But it was so fun!  We had a water fight, waved some people down with car wash signs, and had the news paper come do an article.  Since Westie is in this city we had a great time together.  Like I said I will be sending a camera card home soon!

So then after the car wash we had to hurry and get everything ready for the baptism.  That was fun too.  I love being busy with things that are worth while not just walking around in the heat all day.  Ok ok I know that can be a worth while activity but I like to be doing things like this more.  It makes me feel more accomplished.  So we had to make some food, make the church look good (inside and out), and fill up the font.  So we got everything in order but the water was a little cold.  I guess the water heater was broken or something.  It was all good, not to cold.  So Dajana showed up we took lots of pictures and put on our white clothes.  Then we took more pictures.  She was a little nervous and the water was a little to cold for her but she did good.  I memorized what to say in Croatian in one week and didn't even mess up.  It was such a great experience for both of us.  I was so happy for the opportunity to be able to help her on this journey back to her Father in Heaven.  She was so happy and said thank you over and over again.  It made me so happy to see her so happy.  I know that she will be a great member! However, some may be thinking this is kinda serious business for such a young kid as myself.

So yes this week was awesome! I can't wait to get to Zadar.  I will have so many good opportunities there and lots of cool pictures too!!

Well I have to go get my hairs cut!  I hope this week's email was a little happier for you all.  Sorry about last week just wasn't feeling it.  I hate when that happens on P-day then you all worry.  No worries it's all good in the hood.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

No comments: