Monday, September 5, 2011

Week 35

 Hey Fam,

So the info you have all been dying to know.  Either that or I've been dying to tell... I absolutely love my new area!  It is so beautiful.  I get to see the sea and the boats everyday.  It is a little hotter here but it will get better and then it will just be great.  I am so happy to be down here.  It is exactly the change I needed.  It really is so pretty here.  I almost fell in the water the other day cause the sidewalk just drops off into the water and I was just staring into the water.  Partly because it is so beautiful and partly because it is so hot and I want to go swimming.  But it has been really fun being here and getting adjusted to a new area. 

Elder Truman is my new companion.  I am the district leader and he is the branch president, so we are just telling people what to do all day, just kidding.  He told me the other day that it felt like he had been dragging me around the week.  Well we came to the conclusion that this is because he walks so dang fast that he is always a couple feet in front of me.  No worries we walk side by side now and no dragging, physical or mental, is taking place.  I think that we will compliment each other well in our teaching styles and such, I am excited to get teaching some people.

So I got to meet the branch on Sunday.  This is one of the biggest changes.  We had 10 people at church on Sunday, that is including the 4 missionaries.  So that is a lot different but it is what it is.  Everyone here is really nice and I got to teach a recent convert the day after I got here.  That was good and he is a great member.  He is the only male in the branch.

So when I first arrived here I had to do some cleaning which resulting in me taking out 6 trash bags and the landlord getting mad that we filled the trash can lol.  I'm not sure if this is a good thing but I am now known in the mission as the ˝clean freak˝ and that if for nothing else people want to be my comp so that they have a clean apartment.  I take pride in the fact that I am clean and like living in a tiddy apartment where everything has it's place. 

So with a transfer over that means that we lost some elders.  This time 8 people went home and my trainer was in that group.  I know that I complained about it but I really liked him, mostly after the transfer was over, but none the less.  I knew all of these elders pretty good and was sad to see them leave.  I feel like I ˝grew up˝ in the mission with them and it was a little tough to see them leave.  But at the same time they needed to leave.  They were making everyone pretty trunky lol. 

So in cleaning the apartment I made an amazing discovery with has been used everyday since.... A DEEP FRYER!!!  I went shopping today and sometime in the near future will be trying homemade mozzarella sticks and onion rings.  As of now the sisters just gave us a bunch of potatoes that they got from their land lord and we have made french fries and hash browns.  I also deep fried my chicken nuggets and it made them so much better.  It is really a great an uplifting tool here in the mission. 

So some other things on a more missionary note happened this week.  We were going through our area book to see if we could find anyone worth contacting and Elder Truman called on guy just invite him to church and he totally came!  It was awesome!  One of the members at church was talking to him and even went over to his house after church to talk with him and see if she could help with his mother, whom he had mentioned was sick.  So that was great.  Also we contacted a man on the street and he told us he had been to church before and mention some missionaries names.  We asked him for his number and he told us we already had it lol.  So we looked in our phone and we surely did.  It was kind of funny.  He told us that he had read the whole Book of Mormon so we are going to meet with him sometime this week and see what is up with him.  Sounds like some pretty dang exciting prospects for the first week of the transfer. 

Well I think that is about it.  I am so happy to be here on the coast.  I am taking lost of pictures and cant help but think how much you all would just love it here.  I saw a cruise ship at a dock the other day and thought how much you (Mom and Lance) would just love to cruise here.  No worries lots of pictures are being taken. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week.  And just so you all know the gelato is sooo much better down here.  Lance that is for you!

Love, Elder Massey


These are just a few pictures.  We use an internet cafe here instead of the library so I can plug my camera in now.  I will send this every once in awhile but dont expect something every week lol.  Love yall!!



No comments: