Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week 32

Hey Fam,

So this week has been pretty good.  I have emailing on Tuesday this week because yesterday was a Holiday here so everything, like the library, was shut down.  They have a bunch of holidays that are kinda stupid, at least I feel like that.  But when it is a holiday here everything is closed and no one is home or on the streets.  I don't know how that is possible but it is and it really just fowls things us.  But luckily it was Pday so we didn't have to try and find some people to talk to.  But we did go play basketball and that was super fun and some sand volleyball.  That was super fun too!  We invited some friends over that we met here and then also some of our investigators.  It was so fun but I got a little sun burnt because we were outside all day long. 

So I'm sorry but i don't really have any good stories for you.  My life really is kinda boring.  We do in fact do the same thing everyday, and we wear the same thing everyday.  We are going to have transfers in a couple of weeks like 2 i think.  I am excited for that.  

So Marijana and Dajana are progressing pretty good.  We have decided move Dajana's date from this Saturday to next Saturday.  We just feel that there are a few more things that she needs to be taught and some principles of the gospel that she needs to grasp before she can become a good member.  It is really hard for me to push it back because i want to see it happen.  I will see it happen even if it on the 27 but i am just so excited.  I feel that it is pretty rare in this mission for someone to be able to see their investigator come full circle.  However, because i have been here for so long i have been able to see Dajana, as well as Marijana, progress to where they are now.  I have come to realize that I need to not think of Dajana being baptized as my blessing.  This, in the end, will do nothing for me except give me some moral boost.  For Dajana, she is one step closer to our Heavenly Father, she is one step closer to salvation.  I have to put all this excitement aside and realize that i need to do what is best for her and that is wait a little.  I also asked her to start thinking about who she wants to baptize her.  She at first said that she doesn't care and that she doesn't want one for thing to worry about.  She asked who could do it and I started listing people in the branch that can.  Then she asked if I could.  I told her that I can but does she want me to.  She said yes.  So as happy as I am that she asked me too I want to make sure she really means it. 

Marijana on the other hand.  I dont know how long she will take.  She said she wants to finish the Book of Mormon first.  Which is fine, but she didnt hardly read any last week.  So I don't know what she is doing....

So we finally got a hold of Marko.  He said that he has been working a lot.  I dont know how true that is but we are supposed to meet on Thursday.  So i hope that works out.  He kinda went of the radar for awhile.  I hope everything is ok. 

As for me, well im doing alright.  This language is just really hard.  I'm just saying.  I still can talk to people I just dont like not being able to saying exactly what I want to.  Some of the things i want to say just dont mean the same thing.  It is really killing my wit and sarcasm.  Making a serious man out of me, i dont know how i feel about that!  Some have asked how I am feeling lately also... tired.  All the time I feel so tired.  I just want to sit down all the time, sometimes it just makes me really ornery.  I feel like i eat the same thing every day too.  I just need to get some mix up going on.  I am feeling a little to routine for my liking.  I did buy some peaches and nectarines at the store that were so good but they had fruit flies on them in the store.  I know that you can just put them in the fridge and all of them will die, but having worked at Lins I know that is not acceptable geez. 

I also noticed something interesting this week.  A lot of people that live here dont like it here.  I thought people were just being nice when one of the first questions they asked was how do you like it here.  Well I asked a Croat why they do that and they told me that it usually means that they dont like it here so they want to know if foreigners do.  oh how sad!

If Ryan is not reading this tell him to read it and reply to it! I know i wasnt the best but i would love to hear from him.  So with all his work and such he moved up north right? So adam is the lone ranger at home? Sounds fun.  Did i understand right that he is going on a business trip back to africa???  Sounds like everything is going alright for him. 

Well i think that is about it.  Hope you all have a great week and know that I love you all!!

No comments: