Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Week 6

Howdy y'all

This week went by so fast! I just give myself something to look forward to everyday and it makes it pass so much faster. So this is basically how it goes, the week ends on Tuesdays. I mean let's get real it like Saturday. So all week being mindful of how many days left till Tuesday we plan all the other days. Wednesday is the day before TRC and so it's cram day. Also, on Wednesday we have LGM, which is just a big meeting with a couple zones and we learn about things from Preach My Gospel. So any day that we have a meeting or something that gives us a break from the classroom it's good. Then Thursday is TRC so all day before then (because it's at night) we are prepping for that. Then it comes and we get tow up. Then Friday is the day before Saturday and gym is in the middle of the day so that gives us something to look forward too. Then Saturday is hard because gym is first thing in the morning then we just have class the rest of the day. HOWEVER, we don't have a teacher at all on Saturday night. So from 5:15 - 9:00 we study on our own. That is nice because you don't have a teacher breathing down your neck all the time. So that is usually when I study language concepts that I'm struggling with and catch up on my Book of Mormon reading. Now look at that were half way back to P-Day!! So Sunday is nice because there is lots of personal study time. Then we get to go on our temple walks and take a nap! Then a nice devotional and movie to end the night! Now were at P-Day eve! This day is hard because gym is in the morning and then we have the two later blocks with  no breaks. We do get to have FHE with another class and that is fun. Then look were back another P-Day! So I knew you were just dying to know that and I was dying to tell you ;)
So this week we taught all in Croatian... What a joke. It actually wasn't to bad it just sounds like we are talking to a 3 year old. But the volunteers do a good job at making us feel good about ourselves. The good thing about learning a new language is that it forces you to teach simply, just the way the gospel should be taught. But funny story... while we were in the TRC we were references a scripture in the bible and we used a bible that we were not familiar with (not a good idea) and as Elder West opened up the very first page and could tell this was way different. So he just says, "oh ne!" ne means no so by saying oh ne he sounded so American and very funny. The volunteers and I starred laughing and was hilarious! It definitely lightened the mood which helped us to be more comfortable. Then later on both the volunteers started laughing and West and I felt so left out. So in English I asked if I said something wrong. The one volunteer tells the other to stop laughing that we are new missionaries and it's not funny. I'm freaking out at thus pointing thinking I had taught false doctrine or dammed their souls or something. Turns out one if the ladies ripped her pants and we all a good laugh. Our teacher afterward, who listens outside the door also told us we called the people garbage. And that is why we had the great apostasy :)
 The work is going great. I love it so much. As I come to realize how dependent I am the the Lord, but that only according to my works can he bless it gives me the motivation I need to keep going. I love you all and thank you so much for everything!

No comments: