Thursday, February 3, 2011

Week 5

Bok obitelj!

Hey everyone!! How are you all? I'm doing good. It has been a great week at the MTC! The days just all blur together.

TRC from last week was amazing. There is a teaching record that we read as well as does the fake investigator. This time the investigator has committed to be baptized by had a problem with the word of wisdom. So as we were teaching it was hard for me to explain this and why it's important. This seems to be the case with lots of basic gospel principles. Thing like the word of wisdom are things that I have just grown io with and so it's hard to relate to people hat have done it their whole lives. But we were instruments in the Lord's hand and he helped us. As we read our comments on there that they said were good that I don't even remember say. I believe that the spirit was speaking through me and this "investigator" was brought closer to Christ because if us. So first really good TRC. That was encouraging especially since we have to teach this Thursday in ALL Croatian!

So West and I did initiatory's this morning and that was good. He got sick this morning so we wanted to do something quick so he could come home and rest. He slept till like 2. So while I was asleep I polished our shoes did our laundry got us lunch and ironed our shirts. He doesn't like to do any of those things anyhow so it made it easy for him not to feel bad cause he was asleep lol. I gave him medicine and put him to bed just like he was my child.

The ambassador visit was way cool! He was such a nice guy! He is a member of the Church of Christ. He told us about when he was over there during the war and actually got a little emotional. He was a really nice guy and told us our accents were better than his already. He continued to tell us we are more driven that any student he has seen at Cedan Hall in New Jersey, where he is a dean. We got a picture with him and he said if we are in NJ to show him that picture and he will take us to lunch.

I got the package today!! Thank you so much! The cookie bars were a little squished but they are still just as amazing! Thank you so much for putting everything together!!

This week has been so much better for learning the language. It amazes me how the Lord answers prayers! We have been practicing teaching different parts of the first lesson in the language and I just am feelin real good about it. I feel the presence of the Lord in my life daily and thank him continually!

Thank you all so much for everything! I love you all!

No comments: