Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Week 7

Hey Everyone!

Well the weeks keep going on and there isn't really anything exciting.

We taught in the language again. The first lesson isn't to bad because it is what we have been talking about for the whole time so far. But now we are doing the second lesson in the language and I have no idea what to say. The first lesson is like the restoration and stuff and the second lesson is the plan of salvation. I don't hardly know how to teach this lesson in English. Our teachers have become really frustrated by our weekly planning so they came in on Saturday and did some of it with us. They took the liberty of making us each teach them one on one for 15 mins every shift. So I did it once and it was to the idiot teacher who thinks he knows everything and he just laughed at me and made feel  dumb. So I pretty much just ignore that teacher now days. Well I did it again last night and as I started to go, one of my other teachers stopped me and asks what I have written on my notes. I told it was just a lesson plan and some words that I was struggling to remember. Then he proceeded to tell me I didn't need that and took it away. Um what... this not ok! So I start to go and it was terrible. But it was AWESOME! I spoke.... like Croatian! A different language! I sounded like crap and I forgot lots of grammar rules but I spoke! I communicated in Croatian. It was a great experience. It is times like then that let me know I can do this. So that was way cool.

The MTC food is killing me! I can't hardly eat anymore. It is so old. I mean the food isn't old it's just the same thing over and over. So eating an omelet at the temple was amazing.  Probably not as good as you though Dad.

So I had a way cool experience this week in the gym. I was just killing it at volleyball like I always do then they came over the speakers and said gym time was over. So as I was walking over to get my name tag and watch I see this guy with a huge camera. Like a big tv camera. So instantly I perk up and start talking louder, you know as to draw attention to myself. Then I see Carol Makita from KSL and now I'm really excited. I was talking to a sister missionary and told her that was the lady from KSL. So because she is as surprised as I am she takes a big gasp and says OH MY GOSH! So Carol sees what is going on and went and introduced herself. Of course I'm hangin behind to see what this is all about cause I need me some tv time. So carol asks Sister McAdams if she and her companions would be willing to do an interview. Of course she says yes but Carol continues and says that she also needs some Elders. McAdams yells for me cause I basically set this deal up by pointing her out and faster than she can say my name I'm there all bright and smiley. Carol introduces herself and asks if my companion and I would mind if she interviewed us about the gym. Well Westie is backin away cause he's a little shy so I grab another Elder. well shoot dang here I am in my gym clothes lookin like crap and KSL wants to ask me a few questions. So she interviews the sisters then us. She asks me and the other Elder how we like the gym, how it works, what we do here, and why we appreciate it. Well I would tell you what I said but you can just watch it on tv cause it's going to be on in-between conference sessions! I asked her if I could tell my family to watch for me and she said definitely. So I'm not sure in-between which sessions but they are doing a segment on the MTC and how it's run.  So basically I'm famous.... just saying.

While we were eating breakfast at the temple this morning a lady asked if she could sit with us. We said of course. So we all introduced ourselves and we all got to talking. She has been back from her mission for about 6 months. She served in Texas. We got to talking about ties somehow and she told us that down there the elders could go to the port and by 1000 POUNDS of ties!!! That turned out to be about 8000 TIES!!! All for a measly 20 bucks! They said they were nice too and the "crappy" brand was Tommy Hilfiger.... Ya ok.... She said she was going home to California this weekend and had a box of ties, so I convinced her to bring them back for me :). As Westie would say OH DA! Da meaning yes in Croatian. 

Well I think that is about it for this weeks excitement. I love you all!

No comments: