Thursday, January 27, 2011

Week 4

Elder Massey's letter this week... Plus I got a memory card in the mail!  So I'll share some pictures and a couple videos!!  Check out the post just below this weeks letter for all of those!
Ya!!! P-day! Seriously every time Tuesday rolls around I am more than ready for it!
I must admitted this week has been pretty tough. I have been struggling with the language and it is so frustrating! I think I have something, then I have to talk to my teacher in the language and it all goes right out the window!  I'll just sit there and stare because I have no idea what they are saying. Ok maybe an idea but not a good enough one to reply.  We were practicing how to teach people how to pray and we totally messed up.
On a happier note we had another very successful fireside on Sunday night. Stephen Allen who is the managing director of missionary operations spoke to us. it was basically the pep talk we all needed. We had a smaller one from our branch president before hand in Sunday school but this one was better. He would ask us questions like who is struggling, who has thought about going home, who things there language is impossible, ECT. He would ask us to respond by standing up. In case you were wondering I was sitting and standing a lot in that meeting. This talk was a direct answer to my prayers. The night before I had knelt down an poured out my heart in prayer. As I began to cry all my thoughts, feelings, and struggles were given to the Lord. It was probably the most sincere prayer I have ever said. Soon after my prayer I felt so peaceful. I realized that the Lord called me to this mission by inspiration.  Bro. Allen explained to us the amazing process of issuing a mission call.  I also realized more than ever that I couldn't do this alone and that because my call was inspired and revealed to an apostle that the Lord would help me if I would ask. I'm so scared to teach the first discussion in Croatian next week but I'll do my very best and the Lord will help me. That doesn't mean I'll be fluent just that the Lord will help me. Even if that is just helping me have a positive attitude I'll be happy!
This Thursday we have a visitor coming into class and the operations manager at the MTC said, and a quote "this guy is a big deal" I had to refrain from saying ya so is my little brother just ask him! But he is the ambassador to Bosnia! Everyone is all hyped up. He is coming to see how we do things and how we are taught. They say that a large portion of the decision as to if they open Bosnia to the missionaries depends on this visit. So I  have been busy trying to decide on my most conservative tie, they gave specific instructions to wear the most boring tie we have. I got a haircut today and I need to shine my shoes. so ya he is kinda a big deal.
On Wednesday I got to be a host for the new missionaries. It was a pretty cool experience. I saw families crying at it was hard for me not to cry. But we just show them around and make them feel warm and fuzzy about being here in lovely spirit prison :)
Well I think that is about all my lovely family

No comments: