Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First Email from the MTC!

 Here are bits and pieces of the letters he emailed to both his Mom and family as well as my family:

Some of the letter he sent to us:
Bri Jess and Fam

So a little about the language... basically blows my mind.  My new name is Starjesina Massey.  It is something that will definitely take a while to get a hold of.  Probably most likely a whole lot more than 9 weeks.  My leave date from here is Feb 28.

Food better than Mama Leavitt's where?? Is that possible?? It's ok and lots of choices always.  And guess what... ALL THE RUTT BEER I WANT!!
 So ya I'm adjusting alright and trying to get used to not being able to do what I want whenever.

Oh and new years... i drempt of home at 10 30 lol

I love you all sorry I don't have more to say I'm on a time restraint that seriously stresses me out.
Love, Elder Massey

dobvejenia  Means good bye.

Some of the letter sent to his Mom:

Hi Mom and Fam,

Bok=Hi in Croatian

Well I made it to Sunday and Everyone said it will go so fast after this so I'm waiting for that whole pick up the speed part...
So I know I don't usually use all that spiritual language and stuff however... the MTC has already changed me.  The spirit here is always close by and it is so strong!  You know exactly when it leaves and it makes me sad.    Me and my comp have our own room because Heavenly Father knows I need my personal space.  We went and did a session in the Provo Temple today and it was really good.  I love my comp Elder West.  The food is alright but I can't help but compare it to yours and it is not even close to as good as yours.  Biscuits and Gravy this morning... not ok with me.  But on the good side they have Root Beer in the cafeteria!  So as you may have guessed today is my P-day, every Tuesday so I will email then.  The Language let's say "my language" is so much easier.   And something way cool we sang "Armies of Helamen" and I almost started crying because I remembered how we love to sing that.  That almost cry thing happens like everyday.  I see the missionaries from home and that helps a lot.  I talk to Elder Payne like everyday.  One thing that kinda sucks is that we are on the top floor in our room building and our classroom.  God thinks I’m fat or something... I leave the 28th of Feb.   I love you all so much and I'm so thankful for all of you.

Love, Elder Massey

This is a picture that Verlin got on Saturday from Elder Goulding, he's from Hurricane and is serving up at the MTC right now.  He wrote in his email:
"Sister Verlin
Just letting you know that your young man is alive and doing well.
Elder Goulding
"

Photobucket

No comments: