Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week 22

Bok!

Hey yall this has been a pretty good week.  Sound like you all are doing great.  This week has been full of adventure!  So I will start at the beginning of the week with all the adventures.  So............

Last Monday we went and played Beach Volleyball with the district and that was super fun.  On Tuesday we had English Class but before that because our apartment has been so graciously blessed with a blender, we decided to share that blessing and have a smoothie party before District Meeting.  I made the smoothies and we drank them during the meeting.  We also had a lesson with Marko and it was about the first half of the Plan of Salvation and he was asking a lot of question, at least that is my comp told me.  My understanding is getting better but not good enough to talk about the intricacies of the Plan of Salvation.  But the fact that he is asking questions is good because that means he actually wants to know.  So I kinda got to sit there and try to figure out what is goin on for most of the time.  So on Wednesday we had like nothing to do so the Sisters showed us where a guy lives that said the Elders could come and teach him.  So we did that then went to lunch.  Then we were supposed to have a lesson with someone at the church but they didnt show and so we ended up going to dinner with the same sisters again lol.  So then on Thursday we have weekly planning and that is always fun... it just means we set goals and stuff.... aka not contacting/tracting.  So then when we were about done we got called to help a member move.  That was pretty fun.  When I started taking things to the wrong place then just said everything in English.  It was nice.  Then we ended up doing that like all night and we got home a little late.  So that was fun and we got to talk to some members and ya just nice time.  Then on Friday we had a lesson with Marko and the last part of it the past District President came and helped us.  So that was nice.  He is such a cool guy im glad that he was able to come and help us out.  After words he was giving us feedback and he was kinda telling Lifferth that he needs to just calm down and be himself then he points at me and says, ˝you have a lot to learn from him.˝  It was an amazing compliment and he said before that he really likes my ˝curiousity and zeal˝.  Then he invited me to lunch on Sunday.  I told him that his wife already invited me for Wednesday and he told me I could both times.  On Saturday their daughter was baptized and she is so cute.  She always tries to talk to me and I dont understand anything lol.  But they have two little girls and they are so cute.  Also on Saturday the Pope was in town.  That wasnt to good for Mormon missionaries.  Not to mention the trams were all messed up and streets everywhere were closed.  It was crazy.  But we did get to see the Popemobile lol.  And probably the funnies story of the week is that the people that live in front of us have a tv that when we walk up to our door we can see it.  So we saw that the Pope was getting ready to leave and I wanted to go in and see it.  But Elder Lifferth told me that if I wanted to go in I had to ask them in Croatian.  So I did and they totally let us come in and I got to see the whole ending thing and it was pretty cool.  But when he got ready to leave I kinda figured the route he would be taking and it went through my head that he would be passing by the Elders that live in Centers apartment.  So after I had already said thank you and left the peoples house I was on the phone I just walked back in and was commentating in English where the Pope was and  then they walked out of their apartment and totally got a video of the Pope passing in front of their house in the Popemobile.  It was great fun.  But it was crazy with him here. 

So I am super scatter brained and Cant focus so i will talk to you next week.  Love you all!!





We got this email a little later Ü
I also forget to tell you all about another funny story that happened yesterday.  So I was walking home in the rain after doing some tracting and I saw an old lady get of the tram and start walking home.  And well like I said it was raining.  So I just went up to her and offered my umbrella and she took it.  it was old and I found it in a trash pile but took it because it still worked.  So I gave it to her and just kept walking because I didnt really want to be in the raining longer than i had to and i was kinda far from home.  She was yelling thank you and come back but i didnt really want to talk for an hour in the ran just i just said have a good night and kept walking.  so i thought it was kinda funny.  she looked a little startled but she took it and it was all good.  so that was my good deed for yesterday.  Love you all and  hope you have a good week.

No comments: