Monday, June 27, 2011

Week 25

Hey Fam, 

Well this week has been pretty good.  Nothing really to exciting. 

Well transfers were this Sunday and I already told you that I would be staying here in Zagreb with Elder Lifferth.  I am indifferent with the whole thing.  It would have been nice for a change but I will be just fine here in a place I have learned and I know the branch.  Elder Lifferth is the district leader in a district of 10 people and i hope he doesn't have a heart attack.  He over thinks way to much and just ya is interesting.  I mean it in the best of ways but I have come to realize that he reminds me ALOT of Jeffery.  That is all I will say about that....  So we had to shuffle some people around, make sure no one was left alone and not one missed buses and trains.  So that was fun.  I am actually the the second oldest missionary in Zagreb right now.  Let me clarify, age determined by living in Zagreb.  So everyone else besides one moved here after me.  So I know the city better than most missionaries, I kinda like that. 

Also the BYU international folk dancers ensemble was here this weekend and that was fun.  Lots of young Americans!  Church was translated into English from the pulpit, that was nice.  So that was fun to see lots of people that are well, normal.  It was actually really nice to talk to all the guys most of which were return missionaries.  They were just really interesting in how things were going and really saw the missionary prospective on them coming and preforming here.  They did a performance that was just on one of the main squares of town and as people would come and watch we would talk to them.  It was pretty cool. 

We got to teach Marko once and we taught him about the Word of Wisdom.  Well he is a true Croat, he loves wine and coffee.  It was kind of interesting.  Toward the end of the discussion, for clarification, I asked him if he liked wine.  He said, ˝Yes, I USED to˝  I thought that was so good.  He already was talking about drinking wine in the past tense.  We will definitely follow up with him and see how it goes.  I feel like Elder Lifferth is not so optimistic, maybe that is because he actually understands all of what Marko is saying haha.  I really like Marko and I am excited to see his success.  We had a member on the lesson with us and that was good.  We try to find new members to fellowship him and met him so he will actually know people when he comes to church.

There were 3 holidays this week.... ya don't ask me why all in the same week.  So the town was dead.  People either stay inside and watch soccer or go down to the coast on days off.  So we walked around and talked to all of the 5 people we saw.  it was miserable really.  we did talk to this one girl from Seattle Washington who is an artist that lives in Paris.  She asked if she could draw me, just a face sketch.  So I said sure, you know i get that all the time.  So she is going on like a little tour drawing people for a project she is doing.  So we sat and she drew me and we talked.  It was fun and was a break from walking through the abandon town. 

So that really is about all.  I hope you are all doing good and having fun in that summer heat.  LOVE Y'ALL.

No comments: