Monday, June 20, 2011

Week 24

Hey Fam!!

So this week has been pretty good.  We had zone conference, a convert baptism, and more rain.....

So zone conference was fun.  I got to see Westie and that is always fun.  It was President Hills last zone conference.  He will be going home at the end of the month.  We still haven't met our new mission President.  But I have seen a picture and read a little bit about him.  He has a deal in the church news so that has a little info about him.  Also at zone conference we did what we like to call ˝Box B˝.  This is when Pres. just tells us all the transfers while we are all together.  So this way it is live action with no delay on knowing where everyone else is going and such.  The bad thing is that if you don't like where you are going you cant hide your emotions.  Well I found out that I will be staying here in Zagreb for another transfer and I will be with Lifferth still.  So that isn't too bad I guess.  I kinda wanted a change but whatev.  And I found out that with so many people going home at the end of next transfer that means we will be having 8 more come in.  So inevitably I will be training.... NOOOO.  I really don't want to.  Partly because I don't want the responsibility and partly because I still don't know everything and my greenie will think I am stupid lol.  So that means that I really have to kick it into gear this transfer so that I can be just a little more  prepared for this whole training deal.  So that is that i suppose.

Marko is doing good, at least from what i can understand.  He came and saw a baptism and then came to church the next day so that he could see her get the Holy Ghost.  He only stayed for the first meeting but that is better than nothing.  So we haven't rescheduled his date but we will do that hopefully this week.  So we are just teachin him and all is well.

So nothing to great has really happened this week.... I just feel like I have had a pretty blah week.  This rain one day and then blazing hot and humid day that follows is really not working for me.

Oh i do have one thing to tell you all.  Elder Lifferth and I, which basically means just me because he isn't to spontaneous, have adopted the neighbors dog.  We live in the basement basically of a lady but we have a door on ground level and she walks upstairs to her front door.  so really she lives upstairs and we live on ground level.  anywho... she has a dog that kinda just chills outside and we open the doors and windows in the morning just to get a breeze going.  so for awhile I would try to get him to come in but he wouldn't.  he would be like half in and half out.  So... i started bribing him just for the sake of him coming in and he would come in for food but then just leave.  well i was on an exchange the other day and i called him in and he just came right in.  then he left but then he would come in lay on the cold tile in the entry and just chill.  so he was just wondering in and out and he pleases and it is fun.  well when elder lifferth came back home zak, the dog, continued to let himself in.  So he came in while elder lifferth was in the other room and i called him and told him someone was at the door for him.  when he saw it was zak he yelled at him to get out but i just pet him and told him it was ok and he stayed.  yes, he loves me more.  so now we have a dog, but not really.  so that is fun and entertaining. his name is zak, pronounced like bach with a z.

well sorry nothing really else has happened just been walking around talking to people.  oh that reminds me of another story.

I was tracting the other day and i knocked on the door and an older lady asked who it was so i told her.  and she was like, boys boys enough already.  so i kinda chuckled but she heard me.  she asked me what was funny and i didn't know what to say.  so i told her.  it is funny that you say that before you even listen.  she said, why is that funny and i told her, oh no reason I just get that all the time.  well she didn't reply to that and we moved on.  it was just funny that she caught me laughing at her.

ok that is really all now.  so i hope you all have a great week and everyone is happy and healthy.

THEN WE GOT THIS EMAIL LATER IN THE MORNING: Titled "Best P Day Ever"
So for this p day we just did a picture exchange at the church on the church computer.  So while we were loading pictures and people were taking their turn on the computer the rest of us were playing ping pong and card games and stuff.  So then I started the Martha story...... oh it was the best thing ever.  We all laughed our heads off!!!!!  it was so amazing and now about a half hour later, which is now, we are still talking like that.  So every person in my district now knows Martha and we all love talkin like her.  It is amazing.  We are still laughing when people still say certain things.  Well i just wanted you to know.  Love you all!!

No comments: