Monday, November 28, 2011

Week 47

Hey Fam,

So this week was pretty good. We had some fun over here too! It was a good week for missionary work too. I can say that I have felt a connection and a reason for my assignment in every area and that has begun to set in here for Rijeka as well. I know that the Lord is mindful of every single one of his missionaries. He knows each one of his children, is mindful of them, and is always willing to help. The Lord sent me to Rijeka for a reason and I love finding out why more and more everyday. I know that I make it sound like I found some amazing investigator and I kinda did but I just love helping the Lord in His work even if I don't get to see the results.

So English class is underway here and I still love it. It is a little stressful because we are teaching beginners who know absolutely nothing. But it has already proved worth it already. We have a little survey when they sign up for the class in which they can indicate if they want to learn more about the Church, most of our students said yes. That in and of its self is a cool thing. So we started calling a couple of people after the first few days. We looked through our list and thought about who might be the most prepared.

There was this one lady in class that had been kinda crusty the first day so she was not on that list. She was talking the whole time and complaining a little about how easy it is. So after we had called the others who we thought would do good, we called her... Turns out she is great! She asked if she could bring her husband with her as well and I said of course. So they both came to English class then we met for a lesson after. It seemed like we were telling her everything she wanted to hear by explaining the message of the Restoration. So we invited them to come to church and it didn't sound to solid. However, they both showed up and the husband started crying. They really felt the Spirit and said they would definitely be back next week. They are just really unhappy with the catholic church... can't imagine why.... I know that we can help them and I am excited to see how it all goes.

We have also been calling previous investigators and seeing how they are doing and things. We have met with a couple of them and see some potential there.

I am no longer a district leader but am training. We are still doing well. We are just loving the working and.... working the love... sounded better in my head. He is really great. We are starting this area up and it's fun to see it change.

My birthday was good. Nothing to special. It had a lot of potential when the day started because we had 3 lessons planned but none of them worked out. We called one of them after and she asked why we didn't come by and that she was waiting for us. Guess her husband isn't too supportive because he told us she wasn't home when he answered the door. I was a little bummed about that. The other companion took me out to lunch then we went to McD's for dinner. But not on purpose we just needed something quick.

This Sunday we had a Thanksgiving dinner with the branch. It was lots of fun.

I didn't get any packages so hopefully I have something waiting for me in Zagreb. Mom and everyone else yes I would be completely ok with money for Christmas. I will buy myself something and put it under our little trees. It will be great, no worries.

Sounds like the Reunion was fun too. What did you guys do?

I think that is about it. Sounds like you all had a good Holiday.

I cant wait to talk to you all in 31 days

Love you all!


World War II cave

Birthday Lunch

Birthday Dinner

Thanksgiving

No comments: