Monday, October 3, 2011

Week 39

Hey Fam,

Looks like you were all comfy for conference.  I missed all the goodies and made some banana bread and brought popcorn for the members.  Yes I made banana bread.  It was so legit.  It was awesome!  This week was fun filled so I'll get right down to it!

First we had a sister from Slovenia down here in Zadar this week.  That was fun and I got some good ideas from what her district leader does for her.  I was sure to take advantage of that opportunity because I have been having a hard time knowing how to help the sisters in my district when we cant go on exchanges like Elders.  So she was helpful.  It was good to have a guest.  President has started mixing up the borders a little bit.  Missionaries from here have gone to Slovenia and switched places and stuff just to get us a little more blended.  Maybe I will get to go to Slovenia!

So we had a couple lessons this week with our 2 investigators Elvino and Valter.  Elvino is the quiet one that I talked about before and Valter is a guy that was taught by missionaries before.  He is a little out there and the last mission pres. said that he needed to get his life in order before he could be baptized.  So he has worked on some things and will have an interview with Pres Rowe and hopefully we can have another baptism here.  Like I said he is a little weird.  He has read the Book of Mormon two times and has a great desire to be baptized.  I hope that we can help him out.  However other missionaries are really not to big of fans.  He does have some problems but when I see his desire and love for the scriptures I cant have those feelings.  It is my job to give that opportunity to follow Christ and I feel that if I allowed myself to think anything bad about him it would be unfair to him.  So I love him and his desires and just want to help him. 

So I am glad to say that I did have the opportunity to listen and watch some conference.  We watched the first session live at 6 PM in Croatian with the members.  We just streamed it on the Internet.  So I didn't get to much out of it.  I did understand more than I thought I would but I can't connect the thoughts so it is hard to follow lol.  But after church we watched Saturday afternoon and priesthood sessions.  The priesthood session was awesome!!  Holland told 'em whats up like always and I loved it!  Dad, I did hear that story that you talked about and it was great.  I absolutely loved that.  Now, I don't feel that way but I know people in our mission that do.  We can just never tell what we are doing.  That is why I try my best to just fulfill my purpose with a smile and the Lord with take care of the rest.  So then we watched Sunday morning live last night and so we are watching Sunday afternoon today at the church.  I will have to re listen to the other ones so that I can hear them in my native language.  Everything that I did hear and watch was great. 

So I just have to mention that we went to a members house to help her move some things and this ladies apartment was NASTY!  She has stuff every where and we could hardly walk.  I got physically ill just being in there.  I am going to ask her if we can go over and help her.  I would like to just burn the place down but whatev.  It was interesting that she showed us a picture of one of her kids.  She happen to be in the apartment and so we saw what it looked like when it was clean.  The place is big but so cluttered.  She also said, ˝Look what happened when I stopped going to church˝.  aahhha see that!  Your life falls apart without the gospel!

Also we have a member who's husband works at a resort here.  So we went to a buffet for the resort and it was absolutely divine! I had shark, pork sirloin in a plum sauce, veal steak, mussel, and other great things!  It was just what I needed.  And best part it was all free because we knew the guy that worked there! 

Well that is about it.  I love you all and hope you all were able to get something from this great conference.  And to all the men reading this, if you have not watched the Relief Society meeting it is HIGHLY recommend.  If you dont have much time just watch Pres. Utchforf's talk for it.  It is great!

Bday list for anyone that wants it
1. Beef Jerky
2. Life savers
3. Ties
4. Just put money in my account
5. no worries I will add to it later. 

I will give you the address to the church so that it can come to Zadar and I wont have to wait for it from Zagreb.  But my bday is about 3 weeks after transfer.  So just hold on a bit and I will tell you where I will be and you can send it to that church. 

Everything is going good.  The language is going good.  I have learned to express myself using all the words I know partly because I cant stand to not say all the great thoughts that run through my little head.  Being a district leader is still teaching me lots and I love it.  Glad to know Timmeri didn't/doesn't hate me.  They looked couzy on the couch.....  Who did Josh Zitting marry?  I got the pictures that Lance sent from his iPod, are you selling it to pay off credit cards.  You could get a couple hundred I'm sure.  And I'm sure you know I was sad to hear that Utah lost....

Love, Elder Massey

No comments: