Monday, October 10, 2011

Week 40

Hey Fam,

So this week was a little bit ˝slow˝ for lack of a better term.  We just didn't have much going for us this week.  I guess you could say that the work was the slow part and the time was fast.   In fact, so fast that we didn't get a chance to catch our breath and set up some appointments.  I was looking at our weekly goals come Saturday night and wanted to do more before I had to report numbers.  Another thing that I have learned as a District Leader is that I get to take the fall when our companionship doesn't put up some good numbers at the end of the week.  This doesn't go to say that it's all about numbers, because well we all know it isn't, but it does easily show your work ethic.  So I have taken a greater responsibility in meeting my goals.  If you set a goal with the help of the Lord it can and should be treated as revelation; revelation for your area and the progress therein.  So when I don't meet a goal knowing that it is the will of the Lord I have reason to look inward at what I can do better.  So just lessons learned as a District Leader.

We did however take a road trip to Split, Croatia.  B-E-A-utiful!  It was a little last minute but it was good.  The sisters had a referral to contact down there and so when they call Pres. Rowe to get the phone number turns out Sis. Rowe had already set up for the following day at 12.  So I started to call people and see if we would be able to meet with some members down there.  There is no branch down there so they don't see much from the church.  So we called people and two members were very open.  They told us to just call when we got there and we could work something out.  So we set out at 6 in the morning.  It was a gorgeous ride down, right on the coast nearly the whole time.  But the ride itself was terrible.  It is the only bus that goes down the coast so it stops at every little t

own turning a two hour ride into 3.5 hours.  But it was worth the sites and I don't think I will be doing it again soon.  The sisters however are going to be teaching this lady probably once a week and making that trip accordingly.  So it was great to be able to go down there and meet some members.  We met with one couple that found the church through business.  They travel a lot so I considered myself lucky to have met with them.  They were so nice!  They came and picked us up, took us to their office, and talked with us for about an hour.  The other person who said he would met with us ended up not having time but maybe another time.  We tracked down one member at his house and he was kinda crazy.  He confirmed that he was indeed the person we were looking for but that he had forgotten everything about the church and had a problem that only he could fix.  Well alrighty then... After further investigation I found out that we were quite lucky because he actually admitted to being the person he was and that in the past he had denied his identity to missionaries.  Always an adventure. 

Other than that not much.  We will have a meeting on Thursday in Zagreb after which I will stay there for an exchange.  It seems that Pres. Rowe really loves his training meetings. 

The weather is about the same here.  Rained the whole bus ride home from Split and fall is in full swing.  I have a closet full of white shirts (yes more than normal) because I dont know if it will warm back up so I have my short sleeve and long sleeve.  So it is a little chilly but Truman is very excited for ˝sweater weather˝. 

That really is about it for this week.  I love you all and it sounds like your all doing good!

Love, Elder Massey

A few pictures from when he was in Split...  An old building and a dog walking himself! Ü



No comments: