Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Week 41

Hey Fam,

Well this email is coming to you all from Slovenia.  Due to a short notice invitation to come up I will be serving up here for a week.  I am in Celje and will serve with an an elder who's companion is still waiting in the states for his visa.  So basically I am being used as a pawn.  No worries I like it.  Always an adventure.  Previous to my coming up here I was on an exchange in Zagreb.  I got to see all my old friends at church and here West give the gift of the Holy Ghost.  That was cool.  So I was asked on Saturday to come up here till Friday and so I had to call Truman and have him send my passport and more clothes.  So the Slovenes are getting a little taste of Massey as I will be attending a meeting up here on Wednesday.  I feel like a Greenie again. 

I will have you all know that I am still one of the fav missionaries in Zagreb.  Now my opinion is a little bias so I will share with you an example.  I want to remind you this is in spite of the fact that I was in Zagreb for my first six months and my Croatian was terrible.  A language barrier is no match for my personality.  So I get there and we started planning the next day.  We had a couple lessons and I suggest we try and get a member to come on a few.  So I called one of my fav and I told her it was Massey.  She reassured me that she would know my voice anywhere.  That part I'm not sure is good.  I had called a member in Zagreb previous to going to ask a question and she found out i was coming to town.  She invited me to lunch.  Loved that.  Also ever member that I saw after that asked if I was going to lunch at the Sambunjak's.  I asked how they knew and they all said, ˝Oh Lydia has been bragging about it for a couple of days now.  You're her favorite.˝  Needless to say I felt very loved upon my return to my ˝birth city˝.

So other than the fact that I came up here and to Zagreb last week nothing much really happened. 

A member in Zadar needed some financial assistance so I can now add that to my resume.  I can't decide if I like it so much when I hear that a mission prepares you for your life and other service in the church than I see all that I am doing now.  What does that mean for the future?

Well turns out that the rotating wheels on my suitcase don't particularly like the cobblestone here.  I will be needing to buy a new suitcase when I move next.  Those wheels I thought I would like so much don't exactly work out as nicely when the bag is 50 lbs on bumpy roads.

Sounds like everyone is doing good.  Sorry for the short email.  I'm in Slovenia for perhaps the only P-day I will send here so I'm going to be a tourist for a bit.

Love you all and hope you have a great week.

No comments: